20 June 2013

Probable ocular albinism or Nettleship-Falls albinism


This comment from photographer Vanessa Bristow.
To all of you DOUBTING THOMAS’S out there who distrust the originality of this photograph: It is NOT Photoshopped. I was in the local communal lands looking for my lost Dalmatian dog, and I stopped to ask his mother if she had seen it. While I was talking to her, her son, who was playing with his siblings and friends nearby, caught my eye.... An ophthalmologist friend had this to say about his unusual eyes:
“The picture of the little boy with the blue eyes and dark skin probably represents Ocular Albinism or Nettleship-Falls albinism, or Juvenile uveitis. Both conditions cause the pigment of the iris to be less dense.”
Also mentioned at the link is the possibility that the boy's ocular condition could also represent the expression of several recessive genes.

A hat tip to a reader who missed his/her chance at internet fame by sending me this link anonymously. 

4 comments:

  1. I dont know if this will help, but I found the same photo on http://www.improveeyesighthq.com/albinism.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I also found this other link with an even more impresive photo of the little boy
    http://www.amazfacts.com/2012/06/boy-with-sapphire-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome. However, internet fame does not do much for me these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think , it could be Waardenberg-syndrome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...