26 October 2010

"Little Librarian" playset for children

Little Librarian is the first personal library kit made just for kids! It encourages reading and is powered by creativity and imagination, not batteries! Little Librarian provides book lovers with everything they need to transform their book collection into a library. Kids can practice the important skills of organizing, sharing, borrowing, and returning. Book pockets, check out cards, library cards, and bookmarks are just like the ones from the real library. Little Librarians will issue overdue notices and awards. Favorite books can be stored in the reading journal and shared with friends.
A real product, available through booksellers linked at the Little Librarian site, via The Centered Librarian.

6 comments:

  1. One of my daughters made her own librarian kit. More creative, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Book pockets, check out cards, library cards, and bookmarks are just like the ones from the real library."

    The real library 20 years ago.

    My library doesn't even have people to check you out anymore. You go up to a computer, scan your card, scan your books, and take a receipt. I do long for the tiny village library of my childhood. The old lady at the desk knew everyone's card number by heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked as a librarian during my college years, and I totally agree that the materials are a bit retro and would fit better with the mid-60s than with today, but I think it's still a valid way for children to learn the principles of how a library works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is retro but it can be used to play school librarian !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess elementary school libraries might still operate on the old system?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rather like your new widget, whether or not it's functioning correctly. (This was linked from 'How machines rule the financial markets'.) Although I've done my share of browsing on your blog, I somehow missed this post, which I will be reblogging. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...